[Aspell-user] Absolute beginner needs help in installing Aspell

From: Gary Clutterbuck
Subject: [Aspell-user] Absolute beginner needs help in installing Aspell
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 01:12:23 -0000

Hi,

I am completely new to open source software, and have absolutely no idea how to use secure shell access.  I have root access on a virtual private server, but have no idea at all with regard to installing, unpacking and compiling aspell.

It’s all completely new to me and very overwhelming!  I don’t even know which folder to try to install it into, is it the root itself?

Can someone please provide detailed clear instructions for a complete novice.

Thank you,

Gary