[Aspell-user] trouble installing on linux with no "compile" capabilities

From: Stowe Spivey
Subject: [Aspell-user] trouble installing on linux with no "compile" capabilities
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 18:25:00 +0000

My host will not allow me to compile so I found a precompiled aspell at:
http://xinha.python-hosting.com/wiki/SpellChecker

Expanded it looks something like:

aspell/
--bin
------aspell
------prezip
------aspell-import
------<and others>
--lib
------aspell-0.60
------------american.alias
------------context-filer.so
------------<others>
------libaspell.so.15.1.2
------libaspell.so
------<others>
--share
------locale
------------be(folder)
------------en_GB(folder)

Do I simply throw this aspell directory on the server somewhere and tell php where the aspell/bin directory is and it works?

Or do I need to need to place certain files in cetain places like the *.so files in the /ftp/usr/lib/apache2 directory?

Thanks fore helping this newbie (me) out!  Please...