Re: [Aspell-user] Installation on Solaris

From: Gary Setter
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] Installation on Solaris
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 08:46:29 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Puttappaiah Muni" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, October 16, 2006 11:50 PM
Subject: [Aspell-user] Installation on Solaris

Hi,

We are trying to spell checker functionality as part of one of
our
solution. Our customers does not want to install aspell in
/usr/local
directory.

They would like install at different directory. I believe Aspell
gets
installed and works properly only if we install in /usr/local
directory.
Did any body try installing at different location?. How can we
install
in different location?.
---- Reply -----

Hi Muni

You might look at the configur file for these command line
  cat <<_ACEOF
Installation directories:
  --prefix=PREFIX         install architecture-independent files
in PREFIX
     [$ac_default_prefix]
  --exec-prefix=EPREFIX   install architecture-dependent files in
EPREFIX
     [PREFIX]

I just copied the above from the configure file.

Sorry I can't find better doc just now, but maybe this can get
you started.

Best of luck,
Gary Setter