Re: [Aspell-user] aspell-<LANG>: Invalid UTF-8 sequence at position...

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] aspell-<LANG>: Invalid UTF-8 sequence at position...
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 02:56:49 -0700 (MST)

On Sat, 3 Mar 2007, Martin Swift wrote:

Dear aspell community,

For a while, now, I've been unable to properly install the Icelandic
and German aspell libraries. I get a torrent of warnings similar to:
 Warning: The string "Grímseyjar" is invalid. Invalid UTF-8 sequence at
position 3. Skipping string.
 Warning: The string "Grímsson" is invalid. Invalid UTF-8 sequence at position
3. Skipping string.
 Warning: The string "Grímssonar" is invalid. Invalid UTF-8 sequence at
position 3. Skipping string.
 Warning: The string "Grímssyni" is invalid. Invalid UTF-8 sequence at position
3. Skipping string.

Can you please give me some more context. Where/When do you get these errors.

PS. I first sent this without subscribing, and got a message saying
that my email was being held for review before approval. Now, ten days
later, there has been no responce, positive or negative. If no-one is
monitoring this, that message should really be changed.

It is likely that your message was mistaken for spam for some reason and automatically discarded. Sorry about that.