[Aspell-user] php pipe interface for Aspell

From: Seth Fischer
Subject: [Aspell-user] php pipe interface for Aspell
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 22:36:24 +1200

I'm looking for a php class I can use to access Aspell's pipe interface.

In my application I need to pass a complete HTML document to Aspell in sgml mode.

I have been experimenting with a class written by Andreas Gohr.
http://dev.splitbrain.org/reference/dokuwiki/inc/aspell.php.source.txt

This class works perfectly with some HTML documents but with others it completely locks up (hangs). I think (not sure) the problem is either in method runAspell() or execPipe() but my experience with pipes/streams is not sufficient to work out exactly what is going wrong.

Has anyone used Andreas Gohr's php class and come across this problem?

Can anyone suggest an alternative php class pipe interface for Aspell that is suitable for checking complete HTML documents?

Thanks for any advice

Cheers
Seth