Re: [Aspell-user] Words containing apostrophe or hyphen

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] Words containing apostrophe or hyphen
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 13:07:15 -0600 (MDT)

On Sun, 22 Mar 2009, Ciarán Ó Duibhín wrote:

I encountered ASpell through its implementation in the UltraEdit text editor.

I found it was not possible to add a word containing a hyphen, or a word containing an apostrophe at the beginning or end, to the user dictionary. This is something which I need to do (in English, think 'twas or makin' ).

This is language specific. Both cases can have a number of undesirable effects. Please see ttp://aspell.net/man-html/Words-With-Symbols-in-Them.html for background on some of the issues.

In UltraEdit, the words can be added and will appear in a list of the dictionary, but an attempt to spellcheck then causes
the computer to hang.

This is likely a bug somewhere.  How do you use Aspell in UltraEdit?