[Aspell-user] Imaginary aspell.conf?

From: A.Christmas
Subject: [Aspell-user] Imaginary aspell.conf?
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 16:22:34 +0100

Aspell seems to be using an imaginary aspell.conf. I've edited, deleted, and
created aspell.conf files everywhere they're supposed to be, I've used find in
a terminal to make sure there aren't any hidden ones, and aspell dump config
still seems to be using a conf file that's not any of them. Even when I've
deleted all the conf files I can find, it reports the default conf when I use
dump. Is there any way of finding what file it's actually using?

This came about because I wanted to change the default language to British
English, I use it with Lyx on a Mac. Whatever changes I made, didn't show up,
and so I started looking for the files, installing and uninstalling, etc. I've
done it manually, I've done it through MacPorts. Always the same config
whatever I change or delete. The only conf file now should be one I created
manually using pico at /usr/local/etc/aspell.conf, it contains precisely two
lines about the default dictionary to use. But like I said, when I dump the
config, it's the default pages of comments and examples. I've spent a good two
days on it now! I've obviously done something weird. Or stupid.

Adam.

disclaimer:
http://www.lse.ac.uk/collections/planningAndCorporatePolicy/legalandComplianceTeam/legal/disclaimer.htm