[Aspell-user] Re: Aspell-user Digest, Vol 93, Issue 1

From: Derek Roff
Subject: [Aspell-user] Re: Aspell-user Digest, Vol 93, Issue 1
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 11:06:01 -0600

One option for entering the "aspell create master..." Unix command is to use Terminal.app, which is in the Utilities folder, within the Applications folder. Launching (double-clicking) the Terminal.app program will open a window, into which you can type Unix commands.

If I understand correctly, you are running Mac OS 10.4.5. I would recommend that you make the free upgrade to 10.4.11 and apply all the security and other patches. There were a lot of important fixes and enhancements between 10.4.5 and 10.4.11. The current version of Aspell is 0.60.6.

You might find some useful guidance on installing and using Aspell for Mac on one of the websites linked below:

<http://aspell.darwinports.com/>
<http://wiki.lyx.org/Mac/MacSpelling>
<http://docs.moodle.org/en/Configuring_aspell_on_Mac_OS_X>

Good luck,

Derek

I am new to Aspell, so please bear with my question:

from a post I learned that to create a dictionary I must write
$ aspell create master --lang=lang_code path/dict_name < wordlist

Now, where do I write it?

I downloaded the cocoAspell and installed it with some dictionaries;
I downloaded also aspell-.33.7.1.tar.gz, but I dont know how to
procede to create my own dictionary out of my word-list...

I am on a PPC Mac (OS 4.5), with X11 installed.

Suggestions welcome. Thanks

Carlo

Derek Roff
Language Learning Center