[Aspell-user] dictionary locations

From: Anthony Dardis
Subject: [Aspell-user] dictionary locations
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 13:31:34 -0400

I'm having a problem like Shawn Riordan's. I'm on Mac OS X 10.5.8. Aspell is installed and works correctly through Aquamacs. I want to use the C API to use Aspell in a little programming puzzle (Euler Project Problem 59). I've installed the en_US dictionary, and aspell works correctly from the command line. But when I run this code (basically exactly from the Aspell C API doc):

  AspellConfig * spell_config = new_aspell_config();
  aspell_config_replace(spell_config, "lang", "en_US");
  AspellCanHaveError * possible_err = new_aspell_speller(spell_config);
  AspellSpeller * spell_checker = 0;
  if (aspell_error_number(possible_err) != 0) {
    printf ("%s\nl", aspell_error_message(possible_err));
    return EXIT_FAILURE;
  }
  else
    spell_checker = to_aspell_speller(possible_err);

I get

No word lists can be found for the language "en_US".