Re: [Aspell-user] implement hyphenation using Aspell

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] implement hyphenation using Aspell
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 00:35:32 -0600 (MDT)

On Tue, 21 Jun 2011, chenxiajian1985 wrote:

Please do not cross post, this is not a question for the devel list. This is also your third post. One is generally enough. If no one answers, than perhapses a second post is appropriate in around a week, but never two within a day of each other.

Is there some imformation or API that can be used for hyphenation using Aspell?
thanks

If by hyphenation you mean finding points to break a long word by inserting hyphens, such as "defining" => "def-in-ing". Than no. Aspell does not provide hyphenation support functionality. There are other libraries which do this, but I do not know of any offhand.

I noticed that there is  "pspell_manager_check" for spell-checking~
or others: pspell_manager_suggest pspell_word_list_elements..

Those are outdated functions only there for backwards compatibility with
Pspell, which is no longer maintained.