Re: [Aspell-user] implement hyphenation using Aspell

From: chenxiajian1985
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] implement hyphenation using Aspell
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 17:41:20 +0800

Hi, thanks for your reply

I try to implement hyphenation in abiword(an opensource word-processor similar
with MS WORD)
so it need support multi-languages. Abiword have eight types of backend for
spell-check including HSpell

After long time of thinking, compare  Aspell Ispell mySpell(hunspell)  USpell
Hspell Zemberek Voikko appleSpell

mySpell(hunspell): support hyphenation
USpell : Yiddish dont need hyphenation
Hspell : Hebrew dont need hyphenation
Zemberek: we have implemented it !
Voikko: we have implemented it !
so we can focus on  mySpell(hunspell)  to implement hyphenation. I notice that
Hunspell support Hyphenation.

The hyphenator Hyphen needs one file:
Dic-tionary File with .DIC ex-ten-sion (e.g. hyph_en_us.dic)
To dis-tin-guish be-tween Hun-spell and Hyphen dic-tio-nar-ies, the Hyphen
dic-tio-nary names start with 'hyph_' by con-ven-tion.

/usr/share/hyphen/hyph_es_AR.dic
/usr/share/hyphen/hyph_es_BO.dic
/usr/share/hyphen/hyph_es_CL.dic
/usr/share/hyphen/hyph_es_CO.dic