auctex-devel

[AUCTeX-devel] problems in gen the sumo xemacs auctex pkg

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] problems in gen the sumo xemacs auctex pkg
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 21:13:26 +0100

Hello

The fun starts:

Here is now my first problem.
I just copied the lisp files, image files etc and run make
and the following error occurs:
--8<------------------------schnipp------------------------->8---

backtrace(nil t)
  # bind (error-info)
  byte-compile-report-error((void-variable AUCTeX-version))
  # bind (error-info)
  #<compiled-function (error-info) "...(4)" [error-info byte-compile-report-e
rror] 2>((void-variable AUCTeX-version))
--8<------------------------schnapp------------------------->8---

If needed I could send the complete bugtrace but I think   the problem
is clear: AUCTeX-version seems not to be defined.

Looking at the auctex-11.82=pkg.tgz I see that this variable is
defined in the auto-autoload.el file which is generated during make.

The auto-autoload.el which is generated by the Sumo Makfile does not
generate this variable, I searched for it, but to accelerate the whole
thing: could the author tell me how he generated that auto-autoload.el
file?

Thanks

Uwe Brauer