auctex-devel

[AUCTeX-devel] Re: rfe: dtk.cls support

From: Stephan Hennig
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: rfe: dtk.cls support
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 15:15:18 +0200

Ralf Angeli schrieb:
> * Stephan Hennig (2006-09-28) writes:
>
>> How many texmf trees does AUCTeX know about?
>
> As many as configured in `TeX-macro-global' and `TeX-macro-private'.

Thanks!  Unfortunately,

C-h v TeX-macro-global RET
C-h a TeX-macro-global RET
C-h d TeX-macro-global RET

all return no matches.  But I now managed to find the relevant section
in the AUCTeX manual.

> The value of `TeX-macro-global' is determined when AUCTeX is being
> started unless the variable is customized by the user.

What does "determined" mean?  In the customization buffer I can see
TeX-macro-global containing among other trees,

C:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/All Users/Anwendungsdaten/MiKTeX/2.5/tex/

So I guess AUCTeX communicates with MiKTeX at start up.  However, my
local tree

d:/localtexmf

is not covered by TeX-macro-global automatically.  Is this to prevent
AUCTeX from getting trouble with directories with no access permissions?

Best regards,
Stephan Hennig