auctex-devel

Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Support for SyncTeX

From: agl
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Support for SyncTeX
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 16:27:14 -0700 (PDT)

Ralf Angeli-3 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> there is now some support for SyncTeX in AUCTeX.  You can enable the
> respective minor mode with `C-c C-t C-y' or the respective TeXing option
> in the Command menu.  You will need to have a recent TeX engine with
> SyncTeX support and the synctex executable in path.  (Perhaps we should
> check for that when the user tries to enable the mode.)
>
> There is currently only support for forward search because I am not
> aware of a viewer for X11 which supports SyncTeX.  (And I will not boot
> into Windows to test with Sumatra PDF.)

Ralf,

I just upgraded to the latest auctex CVS, but I don't get synctex as an
option in the Command menu, nor can enable it with C-c C-t C-y. Yes, my tex
engine has synctex support (I am using the July 23 distribution of TeXLive
23, and synctex works just fine with TeXworks). Also, I tried starting up
with a clean .emacs (i.e., w/o my custom auctex definitions), to no avail.
Is there something obvious I'm missing?

Cheers,

Artemio