auctex-devel

[AUCTeX-devel] Completion for key=value pairs

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Completion for key=value pairs
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 22:10:18 +0200

Hi,

with `multi-prompt-key-value' we now have a function which can be used
to prompt the user for key=value pairs with completion when inserting
LaTeX macros.  listings.el uses it already, so you should be able to
test it with a LaTeX file loading listings.sty.

Listings is more or less just a showcase.  The reason I implemented
`multi-prompt-key-value' is to use it in pstricks.el instead of the
current way pstricks.el tries to prompt for macro options.  I write
"tries to" because the prompting mechanism is broken and does not work
most of the time.  Anyway, I think a completion mechanism as provided by
`multi-prompt-key-value' would be more natural and fit better into
AUCTeX than prompting for every option separately.

Please check it out with the listings example and let me know what you
think.  If there are no objections, I'll go ahead and adapt pstricks.el
to use this mechanism as well.

--
Ralf