auctex-devel

[AUCTeX-devel] Re: Completion for key=value pairs

From: Holger Sparr
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Completion for key=value pairs
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 23:07:14 +0200

Ralf Angeli wrote:

> with `multi-prompt-key-value' we now have a function which can be used
> to prompt the user for key=value pairs with completion when inserting
> LaTeX macros.  listings.el uses it already, so you should be able to
> test it with a LaTeX file loading listings.sty.

Looks good to me.

> Listings is more or less just a showcase.  The reason I implemented
> `multi-prompt-key-value' is to use it in pstricks.el instead of the
> current way pstricks.el tries to prompt for macro options.  I write
> "tries to" because the prompting mechanism is broken and does not work
> most of the time.

I have not used myself pstricks.el for while. Just recently I noticed
that in emacs-23 a:

        (require 'cmr)

was necessary to insert to make it work again.

I thought when looking at the source again, it was way to complicated.

> Anyway, I think a completion mechanism as provided by
> `multi-prompt-key-value' would be more natural and fit better into
> AUCTeX than prompting for every option separately.

Of course.

I would suggest to insert a "=" automatically when the first completion
is uniquely done or suggest a "=" when possible.

> Please check it out with the listings example and let me know what you
> think.  If there are no objections, I'll go ahead and adapt pstricks.el
> to use this mechanism as well.

Can I be of some help?

Holger