auctex-devel

Re: [AUCTeX-devel] bidi patch

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] bidi patch
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2016 16:14:54 +0000

   > Hi Uwe,

   > The commit message doesn't have the standard ChangeLog-like format.

Sigh, again, this happened with the prettifying patch I sent. It seems
that there is a problem with the git-hg plugin.

   > In addition, the patch installs two useless files, please pay more
   > attention when you submit patches.

What useless files? could you please clarify?

Here is what I do (and it worked flawlessly for emacs-matlab, but there
I merge and I can push and pull since I have write access to the repo in
question):

I have my own private mercuarial clone of auctex.

I create my own branch in git speak (a bookmark in HG speak) I edit and
comit in that branch, once I finished I create a patch concerning this
branch. That of course means that all the previous revsets are sent,
which Tassilo found useless. Is this what you mean? Also it seems this
way the generated patch harms the commit message, very annoying.

What do others without write access do?

I could collapse all the revsets, but then I am loosing information.

Maybe finally I have to give in and just do a fresh

 git clone

Copy manually the files into question into git and commit there and
generate a patch, which means I have to learn basic git commits, which
I wanted to avoid, anyhow if there is no other solution, so be it.

   > Since the package requires XeTeX engine, please add

   >     (TeX-check-engine-add-engines 'xetex)

right! Thanks

   > to the body of the style hook (see for example style/fontspec.el or
   > style/polyglossia.el).

   > Please, don't spawn a new thread just to provide a new revised patch,
   > just reply to my email.  I'd like to review other patches you lately
   > submitted, but I've to navigate between all the threads you opened to
   > discover which one has the latest version of a specific patch.

Ok sorry. I thought opeing new threads is helpful :-D.