auctex-devel

Re: [AUCTeX-devel] bidi patch

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] bidi patch
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2016 19:30:41 +0200

>    > 2016-09-17 18:41 GMT+02:00 Uwe Brauer <address@hidden>:
>    >> but what is with the issue of sending patches with
>    >> correspond to my private branches but might include (for you) unwanted
>    >> revsets? That is not acceptable? I should collapse them?
>
>    > What do you refer to?
>
> Here is a patch how I thought sending it. Note please that it cannot be
> applied anymore since you already applied the patch.....

The history of a repository is valuable, but flooding it with many
oneliner changes makes it somewhat less useful.  I sometimes do this
with my personal and private projects, but if the code has to be seen
by other people these microchanges are often more a nuisance for other
readers as they add nothing to the history.  That's different if you
add oneliner fixes after the patch has been already installed into the
repository, that little change cannot be avoided.

Bye,
Mosè