[AUCTeX] Re: Prompt for master file

From: Ian Underwood
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: Prompt for master file
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 12:59:56 +0100

Hi Ralf

I followed your instructions to the letter. It still didn't prompt me for the master file.

best,
Ian

Ralf Angeli wrote:
* Ian Underwood (2005-03-28) writes:

Ralf Angeli wrote:
> Do you get any errors if you start Emacs with `emacs --debug-init'
> and/or put `(setq debug-on-error t)' (without the quotation marks) as
> the first line into your init file?

No. Neither method results in an error message.

Do you get a prompt for the master file with the following procedure?

1) Start Emacs with `emacs -q -no-site-file'.

2) Copy the lines

(require 'tex-site)
(setq-default TeX-master nil)

  into the *scratch* buffer.

3) Type `M-x eval-buffer RET'.

4) Open a _new_ file with `C-x C-f file.tex RET'; _not_ with the menu
   bar or the toolbar.