Re: [AUCTeX] Re: Prompt for master file

From: Ian Underwood
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Re: Prompt for master file
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 19:32:48 +0100

I didn't quite follow Ralf's instructions to the letter after all! I've now discovered that provided I

a) open the file with C-x C-f (NOT the menu)

AND

b) open a new (=non-existent) file

it does in fact prompt me for a master file. I knew about b) from the documentation, and had a hint about a) from one of Ralf's emails, but by the time I learned about a) I'd forgotten about b)!

Thanks again David and Ralf,

Ian

David Kastrup wrote:
Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

* Ian Underwood (2005-03-28) writes:

Ralf Angeli wrote:
> Do you get any errors if you start Emacs with `emacs --debug-init'
> and/or put `(setq debug-on-error t)' (without the quotation marks) as
> the first line into your init file?

4) Open a _new_ file with `C-x C-f file.tex RET'; _not_ with the menu
  bar or the toolbar.

New file meaning that no such file existed before...

--
Ian Underwood
 address@hidden