Re: [AUCTeX] easy PDF output

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] easy PDF output
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 16:13:54 +0200

* Shug Boabby (2005-04-13) writes:

> i have always had the self parsing set up. it does not appear to be
> detecting pstricks on my file (master is another file)... unless that
> is only done at the "View" step?

This is exactly where it will be detected.

> which i cannot use anyway (see OS X
> notes above).

You could customize `TeX-output-view-style', search for the entry
relating to pstricks and change

%(o?)dvips %d -o && gv %f

to something like

%(o?)dvips %d -o && ps2pdf %f && <your-pdf-viewer> %s.pdf

(This is untested.)

> why does there not appear (looking at the tab completed
> list of C-c C-b) to be a PS or PDF compile option here?

The processor is latex, and latex can produce DVI or PDF output (not
PS output).  This distinction is made using `TeX-PDF-mode' which you
can toggle with `C-c C-t C-p'.  This is why there only is a "LaTeX"
option.

The whole toolchain machinery needs an overhaul to handle various
pre-processors, processors, post-processors, viewers etc. nicely.  We
know that.  But as this is likely to involve large changes, the time
to actually do this seems to be missing.

--
Ralf