[AUCTeX] Re: Tricky: Master document not recognized

From: David Kastrup
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: Tricky: Master document not recognized
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 01:54:59 +0200

Matthias Kempka <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi there,
>
> I believe I have found a document that - while included - prevents
> Auctex from recognizing the master document. It is not clear to me what
> part of the document could trigger that as will be discribed in the
> following.
>
> The appended document master.tex is the master file, slave.tex is
> included and the usual local variables pointing to the master file are
> at the beginning of slave.tex.

Well, that's the problem.  The local variable section belongs at the
end of the file, and is only looked for there.  Only the last 3000
characters of the file are considered, and you have here 3019
characters from the end of the file to the start of the variable
section.

This has nothing to do with AUCTeX: it is an Emacs feature.