Re: [AUCTeX] integrating feynmf

From: Ralf Stubner
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] integrating feynmf
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 19:48:07 +0200

David Kastrup wrote:
Ralf Stubner <address@hidden> writes:

Have you customized
preview-required-option-list
to include the `counters; option?

Not yet. I have just tried this option, but it gave me some strange results, which I think can be boiled down to the following example:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[displaymath,counters]{preview}

\begin{document}
\begin{equation}
  \label{eq:1}
  a=b
\end{equation}
\begin{equation}
  \label{eq:2}
  b=c
\end{equation}
\end{document}

If I generate previews for this buffer I get, as expected:

  a=b  (1)
  b=c  (2)

However, if I then regenerate the second preview, I get

  b=c  (1)

there. If I regenerate the first preview (starting from a consistent state) I get

  a=b  (2)

Is that expected? Am I doing something wrong?

This works really well with AUCTeX. However, preview-latex does not
seem to honour this change LaTeX-command. It seems to get which
command to run from LaTeX-command-style. But I have no idea how that
one works. :-(

Uh, LaTeX-command-style is defined by default as
(("" "%(PDF)%(latex) %S%(PDFout)"))
And TeX-expand-list contains
 ("%(latex)"
  (lambda nil
    (if TeX-Omega-mode LaTeX-Omega-command LaTeX-command)))

So LaTeX-command should get consulted after all, unless you customized
LaTeX-command-style to be something different.

Strange, I don't see any difference. LaTeX-command-style is

(("" "%(PDF)%(latex) %S%(PDFout)"))

And TeX-expand-list indeed contains

 ("%l"
  (lambda nil
    (TeX-style-check LaTeX-command-style)))
[...]
 ("%(latex)"
  (lambda nil
    (if TeX-Omega-mode LaTeX-Omega-command LaTeX-command)))

BTW, preview-LaTeX-command's value is

("%l \"\\nonstopmode\\nofiles\\PassOptionsToPackage{"
 ("," . preview-required-option-list)
"}{preview}\\AtBeginDocument{\\ifx\\ifPreview\\undefined" preview-default-preamble "\\fi}\\input{%t}\"")

I guess you would have protested if I had been wrong with stating that preview-latex gets the command to run from LaTeX-command-style...

cheerio
ralf