[AUCTeX] Re: preserving images, and image contrast

From: Richard Lewis
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: preserving images, and image contrast
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 17:22:40 +0100

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

>> 1. Currently, when I kill emacs, all the preview images (and IIRC,
>> the .efmt file too), are deleted. I have customized the auto-cache
>> variable to be on, but I suppose the cache is only on a per-session
>> basis? Is there a way to make previe-latex not delete all those
>> images at the end of the session? If the previews are up-to-date (or
>> even reasonably so) at the end of the session, I'd like a way to
>> reuse them at the next start-up, instead of going through the whole
>> thing again.
>
> desktop.el

This works when exit-emacs is called with latex buffers opened.

It would be even cooler if subsequently visited files had existing
preview sessions restored.  Or even a separate command to load
previews from disk instead of regenerating them (eg something like
revert-buffer removes the previews even if the file had not changed)