Re: [AUCTeX] preserving images, and image contrast

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] preserving images, and image contrast
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 12:00:56 +0200

Rajneesh Hegde <address@hidden> writes:

> Anyway, that's a story for a different post and a
> different mailing list :) (I've already bothered
> Jan-Ake about this on the dvipng list.) In the
> meantime, is there something I could do with
> ghostscript that could help with the contrast or the
> blurriness? Thanks,

Well, you can do
M-x customize-variable RET preview-gs-options RET

and remove the -dTextAlphaBits=4, or replace it with
-dTextAlphaBits=2.  Removing it will have a drastic effect, replacing
it by the lower value much less so.

I don't see any other possibility to control subsampling.

Another thing to note is that installing and using outline fonts tends
to get sharper bitmaps as a result.