Re: [AUCTeX] forward/inverse search

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] forward/inverse search
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 15:22:41 +0200

[Please note that the address of the AUCTeX mailing list changed.]

* Bjørn Haagensen (2005-06-06) writes:

> -The source-specials seems to get included only in the "region" .dvi file,
> thus there are no mappings between the original .tex file and the
> .dvi-file being previewed. Backward search works between the region .dvi
> and .tex file but forward search does not and results in the error messate:
>
> 'xdvi-motif.bin: Fatal error: ~/CVS/work/main.dvi: No such file.'
>
> -Backward search works from the master .dvi file, but forward search
> results in the error message
>
> 'xdvi-motif.bin: Fatal error: ~/CVS/work/main.dvi: No such file.'
>
> If it's supposed to be working I'll be happy to provide more elaborate
> error descriptions.

Sorry, but I don't follow you.  How is multi-file processing related
to a region file?

Here is an example which works perfectly with CVS GNU Emacs, current
CVS AUCTeX (AUCTeX 11.55 should do as well as there haven't been
changes to the source specials code AFAIR) and xdvi 22.84.3 (Xaw
toolkit):

Master file (master.tex):

\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}
foo
\clearpage
\input{slave}
\end{document}

%%% Local Variables:
%%% mode: latex
%%% TeX-master: t
%%% End:

Slave file (slave.tex):

bar

%%% Local Variables:
%%% mode: latex
%%% TeX-master: "master"
%%% End:

In both buffers `TeX-source-specials-mode' (toggle with `C-c C-t C-s')
should be activated.  When this is the case, the files can be
processed via `C-c C-c' and source specials will be included.

Now, when typing `C-c C-v' in either buffer I get to the right page in
xdvi.  And doing `C-mouse-1' on either page in xdvi I get to the right
buffers in Emacs.

--
Ralf