[AUCTeX] Re: forward/inverse search

From: Artemio Gonzalez Lopez
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: forward/inverse search
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 01:17:18 +0200

David Kastrup wrote:
Artemio Gonzalez Lopez <address@hidden> writes:

Ralf Angeli wrote:

Now, when typing `C-c C-v' in either buffer I get to the right page in
xdvi.  And doing `C-mouse-1' on either page in xdvi I get to the right
buffers in Emacs.

In my case, forward search used to work with
xdvi-search.el. However, after removing it `C-c C-v' simply opens
the dvi file at the first page, not at the point I'm editing. Do I
need any special configuration (apart from activating source
specials, which of course I've done) to enable forward search?

How did you activate Source Specials?  C-c C-t C-s ?

It is activated at startup by adding

(TeX-source-specials-mode 1)

to my custom.el file.

Does your mode line have a /S indicator?

Yes (LaTeX/S).

Did you recompile the source code afterwards?

I guess so, because I use auctex CVS and therefore I recompile the source code quite often. At any rate, source specials do work, e.g., inverse search works flawlessly (although I had to add the line

xdvi.editor: gnuclient -q +%l %f

to my ~/.Xdefaults to make xdvi work with auctex, because otherwise emacs is opened when I Control-click on an xdvi window).

Thanks a lot,

Artemio Gonzalez Lopez
address@hidden