Re: [AUCTeX] Extremely slow input

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Extremely slow input
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 19:57:33 +0100

* Christoph Bier (2005-11-12) writes:

> today I observed a significant slow down of character input. I've
> never seen this before even with much larger files. I process a file
> with 78K and I can type `bier' 38 times before Emacs displays it;
> not exactly---I just stopped typing after 38 times because Emacs
> didn't display what I was typing. I tried with other files and the
> problem does not occur.
>
> I don't know what to look for. I found [1]

Why didn't you just check yesterdays articles in auxtex-devel? (c;
Especially
<URL:http://mid.gmane.org/address@hidden>
might be interesting.

Also, Robert wrote in private mail that due to the size of his file it
would take some time to come up with a minimal example.  This is what
I wrote in reply in order to generate some more information for
preparing an example:

--
Ralf