[AUCTeX] Re: Extremely slow input

From: Christoph Bier
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: Extremely slow input
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 10:47:36 +0100

Ralf Angeli schrieb am 13.11.2005 01:18:

> * Christoph Bier (2005-11-12) writes:
>
>>Ok, thanks for your reply! Results are attached.
>>
>>Function Name                                                Call Count
>>Elapsed Time  Average Time
>>===========================================================  ==========
>>============  ============
>>font-lock-fontify-region                                     520
>>69.550186999  0.1337503596
>>font-lock-default-fontify-region                             520
>>69.54054      0.1337318076
>>font-lock-fontify-keywords-region                            520
>>64.052395999  0.1231776846
>>font-latex-match-command-with-arguments                      80778
>>17.907670000  0.0002216899
>
> Hm, I was hoping to see a font-latex function which is closer to the
> elapsed time of the font-lock function.  But this looks like the
> font-latex matching functions just add up to the elapsed time of the
> font-lock function.  The problem could be that the same region is
> fontified over and over again.  Does it help to disable
> `font-latex-do-multi-line'?

How I do I do this? My idea `M-x disable-command' was the wrong way
(there's no such command).

This morning there was no need for editing the file. From the
beginning input was slowed down.

Could it be a problem with guillemets? I'm quite sure that before
upgrading to 11.81 the closing `«' matched the opening `»'. Now,
typing the opening `»' it gets colored like a closing bracket that
misses the opening bracket. Typing the closing `«' there's no
highlighting of the opening one as observed with brackets.

Thanks,
    Christoph
--
+++ Typografie-Regeln: http://www.zvisionwelt.de/typokurz.pdf (1.4)