[AUCTeX] Re: Customizing behavior TeX-insert-quote in comments

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: Customizing behavior TeX-insert-quote in comments
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 19:28:27 +0200

* Reiner Steib (2006-08-10) writes:

> Shouldn't we also test for a non-nil value of `font-lock-mode'?
[...]
> Okay, probably it's not much faster.

It probably won't make much difference.  It's just more code.

> A more radical idea (sorry, I didn't look into the code in detail, so
> maybe this is nonsense):
>
> Couldn't the functions `TeX-in-comment' (and friends) and `texmathp'
> test via font-lock (if turned on)?

That's an interesting idea.  But I think that would be too unreliable.
First, font locking can go wrong which could produce wrong results for
the respective function relying on it.  Second, due to jit-lock it is
not guaranteed that the whole buffer is fontified.  This could
probably remedied by checking the presence and value of the
`fontified' text property.

--
Ralf