Re: [AUCTeX] How to chage the font size (for the equations) in the previ

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] How to chage the font size (for the equations) in the preview?
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 09:30:25 +0200

* address@hidden (2006-10-27) writes:

> Excuse me if I didn't explain the subject very well, but my english
> is not very well. I'll try to explain it a bit better: my problem is,
> simply, that the equations appears too small (at least, so I think)
> when I do a preview of them (for example with C-c C-p C-e at the
> equation environment).

Emacs on Windows does not always get the screen size right.  The
effect of this is that previews become too small or distorted.  Newer
CVS Emacsen have options for setting the screen dimensions manually.
That's why I asked for the information from `M-x preview-report-bug
RET'.  Since you haven't provided this information I cannot judge if
that's possible with your Emacs build.

> I use sub- and super-scripts, and
> sub-sub-scripts, and I must bring my face close to the monitor to see
> them well. And so, my question was: is possible to get the equations
> IN THE PREVIEW (that is, doing C-c C-p C-e, for example) bigger? That
> is: is possible to increase the font size of the equations in the
> preview, or this size is fixed and cannot be changed?

You could customize `preview-scale-function' which is described in the
manual, see (info "(preview-latex)The Emacs interface").  But that
shouldn't be necessary because the font size in previews is calculated
to match the font size of the default face you are using.  Unless, of
course, Emacs cannot detect your screen dimensions properly ...

--
Ralf