[AUCTeX] Re: tex-ref.tex

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: tex-ref.tex
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 17:38:24 +0100

* David Kastrup (2007-01-20) writes:

> Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Sure.  In my installation it's /usr/local/share/emacs/22.0.92/etc/.
>> But that's Emacs' own directory, not one for local additions.
>> Package systems won't be too happy if we put something in there.
>
> How about /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/etc with a .nosearch
> in it?

It's messy because `site-lisp' does not really suggest that
documentation files can be found below it and therefore I'm afraid
that people won't find the file there.  Nevertheless it's probably one
of the sanest alternatives.

My other favorite would be $PREFIX/share/doc/auctex/.  We already
install into $PREFIX/share/info/, so why not into `doc' as well?

> We could also move the style directory down there, making the
> layout match that of the XEmacs package somewhat more closely, and
> requiring only a single .nosearch to be placed and obeyed.

`etc' looks a little bit like "stuff we don't know where to but else".
As style files are quite intrinsic to AUCTeX, I don't mind that they
have a prominent location outside of `etc'.

--
Ralf