Re: [AUCTeX] Re: LaTeX: problems after [0] pages. compile problem

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Re: LaTeX: problems after [0] pages. compile problem
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 23:54:36 +0200

"Graham Smith" <address@hidden> writes:

> OK, I didn't realise their was a forum rule to bottom post, the
> default in gmail is to top post,

No.  The default is to leave the cursor at the top of the included lines
so that you can go through the included stuff and _delete_ everything
not relevant to your reply before adding your reply directly below the
pertinent lines giving the _relevant_ context.

If people want to read the _full_, _unabridged_ original post, they can
use their mail/newsreader to get back at the original article.

But in a reply, only relevant context could be left.

I have indeed seen somebody do a top post with unabridged fullquote on a
daily digest in a mailing list.  How is one supposed to figure out the
context from that?

And if more than one person does this per day, the list will explode
eventually.