[AUCTeX] AUCTeX 11.85 and TeXlive: a bunch of conflicts (texlive version

From: Heiko Schroeder
Subject: [AUCTeX] AUCTeX 11.85 and TeXlive: a bunch of conflicts (texlive version-2007-177.1)
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 22:20:19 +0200

Dear list,

after searching the list with a lot of adequate keywords I do not find anything
about my problem.  Obviously it is a very old problem or I must be dull.

I built emacs 23.1 and auctex-11.85 on an openSuSE 11.0 machine on my own.
There haven't been any problems generating the RPMs.  But when I try to install
the auctex-rpm-package with

rpm -Uvh auctex-11.85.1.i386.rpm

it rejects the job, telling me that the file ls-R (in four different
directories) conflicts with a similar file in auctex.  As well there is a
conflict with prcounters.def, preview.sty and with a data file named dir.

Do you have any hints where to go for solving this problem?

Thanks a lot.

Heiko

--
Heiko Schroeder <address@hidden>