[AUCTeX] Multifile documents and file variables

From: Brett Presnell
Subject: [AUCTeX] Multifile documents and file variables
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 19:16:49 -0400

This is a small thing, but I thought I would ask anyway.

I have a master file with

%%% Local Variables:
%%% mode: latex
%%% TeX-PDF-mode: t
%%% TeX-master: t
%%% End:

This file \includes other files in which, as an experiment, I have
narrowed the local variables list to just

%%% Local Variables:
%%% TeX-master: "lst"
%%% End:

Perhaps not surprisingly these files do not inherit the file local
variables of the master so when they are loaded TeX-PDF-mode is nil.  Is
there some simple way to cause the included files to inherit this and
other settings from the master?