Re: [AUCTeX] including source specials in auctex 11.86

From: Rainer Thiel
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] including source specials in auctex 11.86
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 18:51:09 +0100

2010/3/27 Ralf Angeli <address@hidden>:
> Sorry for the late reply, but I was in Dresden for a few days.
>
> * Rainer Thiel (2010-03-23) writes:
>
>> For some reason, I can't seem to be able to start a pdf-viewer when
>> Tex-Pdf mode is enabled, though.  I have set Sumatra in the program
>> list:
>>
>>  '(TeX-view-program-list (quote (("SumatraPDF" "SumatraPDF %o"))))
>>
>> but when trying to customize TeX-view-program-selection, SumatraPDF is
>> not among the options to be selected in the Value menu(s).
>
> Have you tried restarting Emacs?

That was indeed part of the problem.  But quite a lot of other things
seem to be broken in auctex 11.86, too.  To name only two, 1.
TeX-source-specials-tex-flags is "-src-specials" by default (while it
should be "--src-specials", of course).  2. Multi part latex documents
are not supported anymore, or at least not the same way as before.

I hate to say it, especially because I have an idea of how much work
you and many others must have put into it, but after three afternoons
of testing with the configuration of auctex 11.86 it seems to me that
at least people who use auctex under Windows should downgrade to v.
11.85 until 11.86 is stable and there is a proper documentation on how
to get the same results as before with the new version.  Building an
.emacs init file grown in years from scratch is a painful and time
consuming process that should not be expected from a user who updates
auctex.

Many thanks for your help and the good work, though -- I am still
grateful for any suggestions.

Best

Rainer
--