Re: [AUCTeX] strange behaviour with Auctex preview

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] strange behaviour with Auctex preview
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 17:01:13 +0200

* Sivaram Neelakantan (2010-09-18) writes:

> I just updated to the latest cvs auctex and recompiled everything.  On
> the std sample2e.tex, preview works on the section, region, buffer but
> not on the whole document.
>
> Preview-LaTeX exited as expected with code 1 at Sat Sep 18 19:12:50
> LaTeX: LaTeX found no preview images
[...]
> This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-1.40.10 (MiKTeX 2.8)

Hm, this is working fine here with TeX Live 2009.  A possible cause for
the problem could be stuff in the output generated by MiKTeX which
confuses the parser of preview-latex.  Typical candidates for this are
parentheses.  For AUCTeX proper we remedied this to some extent by
removing line breaks at column 79 in the output but this has not been
done for the preview-latex parser yet.  It'd be interesting to see if
the preview works for you when using TeX Live.  You could also try
enabling file:line:error messages in your TeX system, as a workaround.

--
Ralf