Re: [AUCTeX] Re: strange behaviour with Auctex preview

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Re: strange behaviour with Auctex preview
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 16:42:53 +0200

* Sivaram Neelakantan (2010-09-18) writes:

> On Sat, Sep 18 2010,Ralf Angeli wrote:
>
>> You could also try
>> enabling file:line:error messages in your TeX system, as a workaround.
>
> How do I do that?  I do not have TL2009 and use miktex.

How to enable file:line:error messages in the TeX system should be
described somewhere in the documentation of MiKTeX.  Alternatively you
can customize `LaTeX-command-style' and add a -file-line-error switch
which should be picked up by preview-latex.

> And I forgot to add, the circ.tex file that comes with preview, that
> works without any problems.

If the problem is really due to the parentheses not being found by the
parser, then this is would be no surprise.  In case of sample2e.tex
there might just be a line break at an "unlucky" place whereas this is
not the case when running preview-latex on circ.tex.

--
Ralf