Re: [AUCTeX] Track changes function?

From: spinner
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Track changes function?
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 05:42:56 -0700 (PDT)

UPDATE:
I've managed to get -latexdiff- working for me. My problem, I think,
was caused by trying to diff 2 files where each one had a parent-child
relationship. The preamble was in one file and the content
(dissertation chapter) was in the other.

To diff using latexdiff, I put the preamble and content in the same
tex file. I did this by combining the (1) parent file holding the
preamble and \include{childfile} commands and (2) related child file
holding the text. Combined parent and child into oldfile.tex and into
revisedfile.tex. I did this to get latexdiff to automatically add its
markup commands into my tex file preamble so Tex could compile the
diff file properly. Automatic insertion into the preamble is done with
the -t option in latexdiff.

Combining parent and child files is a pain taking a lot of time if I'm
going to diff my documents often. But it functions. Does anyone know a
better way to use latexdiff with parent-child files where the parent
holds the preamble and \include{childfile} commands and the child file
holds the text content?