Re: [AUCTeX] Auctex - how to stop prompting for default command

From: Jeffrey Spencer
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Auctex - how to stop prompting for default command
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 03:14:55 +1000

C-c C-v runs the view command. For Latex should be able to do C-c C-c l RET to run it. I also want to set a custom command I made to a key binding and tried getting it working but couldn't quite getting it working correctly but it was something similar to below. Some else may know why it is wrong (Doall is the custom command):

(add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook
          (lambda ()
             (local-set-key "\C-c\C-?"
                (lambda ()
                   (interactive)
                   (TeX-save-document (TeX-master-file))
                   (TeX-command "Doall" 'TeX-master-file' -1)))))

Could also look into using latexmk on the tex file. Then anytime you hit C-x C-s (saving the file) it will update.

Everytime I use C-c C-c to compile or view the document I am asked to type
the corresponding command (eg. Latex or xpdf, etc). If I just press Enter,
it runs the default command which I have set.

Is there a way to make Auctex stop asking me and just use the default
commands? Thanks!