Re: [AUCTeX] Auctex - how to stop prompting for default command

From: Ivan Andrus
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Auctex - how to stop prompting for default command
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 11:07:01 +0200

On Aug 16, 2011, at 4:37 PM, linuxfever wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Everytime I use C-c C-c to compile or view the document I am asked to type
> the corresponding command (eg. Latex or xpdf, etc). If I just press Enter,
> it runs the default command which I have set.
>
> Is there a way to make Auctex stop asking me and just use the default
> commands? Thanks!

If you set TeX-command-force to "" that does what I think you want, namely
never prompt--always do the default.  So adding (setq TeX-command-force "") in
your .emacs should do the trick.  You can still edit the command with C-u C-c
C-c, but you won't be able to choose to run BibTeX instead of LaTeX for
example.  You could bind another key to do that if you wish:

(define-key LaTeX-mode-map "\C-c\C-a"   ; 'a' for ask, change to anything you
want
  (lambda (arg) (interactive "P")
    (let ((TeX-command-force nil))
      (TeX-command-master arg))))