Re: [AUCTeX] preview XeLaTeX, change foreground possible?

From: Frederik
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] preview XeLaTeX, change foreground possible?
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 18:04:48 +0100

> Hi, tried stock Emacs 23 from Arch Linux [extra] repo, the same
> problem.
>
> Steps to reproduce:
>
> 1. Start emacs with -q
> 2. Set foreground and background color
> 3. Evaluate these AUCTeX configuration:
>
>> (load "auctex.el" nil t t)
>> (load "preview-latex.el" nil t t)
>> (setq TeX-engine-alist
>>       '((xelatex "XeLaTeX" "xetex" "xelatex" "xelatex")))
>> (add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook
>>           '(lambda ()
>>              (setq TeX-engine 'xelatex)))
>
> 4. Find a very simple TeX file, and C-c C-p C-d.
>
> Can you try this?  If you can reproduce this I think I've found a
> bug.

I run Arch Linux, too. If I don't set the TeX-engine to XeLaTeX
everything is fine. After changing to XeLaTex the formula is black indeed.

Changing the preview-reference-face doesn't have any effect, either.
Setting the TeX-engine to LuaLaTex makes it work again, though.

It seems to me that this is a bug. You could file a bug report via
        M-x preview-report-bug RET.

Maybe one can make AUCTeX use pdflatex (or Lua) for generating previews
but I didn't figure out if this is possible...

--
Frederik