Re: [AUCTeX] Inserting math environment

From: Uday Reddy
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Inserting math environment
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 14:05:21 +0100

Ivan Andrus writes:

> I thought someone might have a better way, but here is what I use:

Thanks, Ivan.

As for Nicolas's comment about typing characters, typing \[\] is more than 4
key strokes, because you have to back up over the closing "\]" and
presumably do a C-o to have a clean display.  And, I can do without such
context-switching while I am typing.

I was quite happy to type "\[" and "\]" separately in Emacs latex-mode.
But, since AucTeX *depends* on having matching brackets, I think it needs to
have a way to create them as well.

My two cents.

Cheers,
Uday