Re: [AUCTeX] how to use the git repository to obtain the latest aucTeX?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] how to use the git repository to obtain the latest aucTeX?
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2013 12:55:53 +0200

Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:

> Nicolas Richard <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> Why don't people read it?
>
> I think most people have the assumption that when specifying a --prefix,
> then everything will be underneath that.

Then perhaps we should just do that and just print a prominent warning
when the result will not work without additional user-level
configuration.

> The config.log suggests that's the case because the directory is not
> in load-path.  But how could I add that to load-path given that
> configure calls emacs with --batch which implies -q?

It does not imply --no-site-init IIRC.  At any rate: while there was a
wagonload of work invested in that area, it would appear that some of
that meets the label "too clever".

--
David Kastrup