Re: [AUCTeX] TeX error parsing: request for testing

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] TeX error parsing: request for testing
Date: Fri, 02 May 2014 09:39:47 +0200

Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:

> Mosè Giordano <address@hidden> writes:
>
> Hi Mosè,

>>> Great, please keep on testing (also with the latest change).
>>
>> I'm having some trouble with multifile documents.  Attached you can
>> find two files, foo.tex being the master one: if you compile the files
>> as they are (i.e. with all content inside foo.tex) `TeX-next-error`
>> finds the "Undefined control sequence" \command, while if you
>> uncomment the
>>     % \input{bar}
>> line and comment the
>>     \command
>> line in foo.tex `TeX-next-error` won't be able to find the error anymore.
>
> Thanks, I was able to reproduce that.  It's been caused by my new-file
> regex matching multi-line input which it shouldn't.  I've pushed a fix
> that makes it working for me.

As a note aside: preview-latex also does error message matching on its
own, and it apparently does a better job at it.  Maybe it would make
sense to port the respective code over and/or try making a common
interface both use.  It does not seem to make much sense getting this
problem tackled independently.

This code duplication would also explain my recurring eerie "didn't
I fix this already" feeling.

--
David Kastrup