Re: [AUCTeX] "No connection to bus" message in Cygwin Emacs

From: Ken Brown
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] "No connection to bus" message in Cygwin Emacs
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 16:15:37 -0400

On 6/11/2015 8:29 AM, Tassilo Horn wrote:
Sebastien Vauban <address@hidden> writes:
I TeX only with AUCTeX, yes.  Only on Cygwin, no.  Currently, only on
Windows, yes; and only on Windows machines which have a local Cygwin
installation, yes.

Do you think I still will be able to compile from the Windows Emacs,
then, without having to maintain 2 different distributions of LaTeX (I
would uninstall the Windows TeX Live)?

You mean, you want to install the cygwin TeX Live and then use that from
both cygwin emacs and windows emacs?  I actually don't know but I think
chances are better than the (current) other way round since emacs uses
~/path/like/these also on windows IIRC.

Generally speaking, mixing Cygwin programs and native Windows programs leads to problems. I'm not saying it can't work, but it may not be worth the trouble.

Ken