Re: [AUCTeX] Patch to tex-info.el to support node name completion in @..

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Patch to tex-info.el to support node name completion in @..ref commands, and solve a few other pbs
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 07:55:42 +0100

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

Hi guys,

I'm somehow lost.  It seems that some mail, presumably Stefan ->
Vincent, started this discussion but that hasn't been delivered to me.
So well, yes, `pushnew' does the right thing, and in Vincent's patch to
tex-info.el, I replaced his `add-to-list' call with (pushnew ... :test
#'equal) anyhow.

If there's something else I have to do, please tell me.

>> Ok, I should have read the *Help* more carefully, it states
>>    (cl-pushnew X PLACE): insert X at the head of the list if not already
>> there.
>
>> and I understood "there" as meaning "head of the list", instead of
>> just "list".

Indeed, that's not overly clear.

>> Of course the second sentence clarifies the point, but I overlooked
>> it.
>
>> Maybe it could be rephrased as:
>
>>    (cl-pushnew X PLACE): insert X at the head of the list PLACE unless X is
>> already an element of PLACE.
>
>> If you agree with the rephrasal, I can implement the change.
>
> Fine by me,

A bit too long given that the first sentence of a docstring should fit
into one line and still mention all parameters.  But why does the
docstring start with a synopsis?  I'd just delete that and say

Insert X as head of list PLACE unless PLACE already contains X.

Bye,
Tassilo