Re: [AUCTeX] Patch to tex-info.el to support node name completion in @..

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Patch to tex-info.el to support node name completion in @..ref commands, and solve a few other pbs
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 14:11:38 +0100

Vincent Belaïche <address@hidden> writes:

>>> PS: BTW, what is the use of calling `nreverse' over `nodes' at
>>> function return ?
>>
>> Just to have the list of nodes be in the definition order. That's not
>> really required but more intuitive.
>
> The list is only used in a `completing-read' AFAIK, so the entries are
> presented to user in alphabetical order whatever the order of the
> list.

That's true if `completing-read-function' is `completing-read-default'
but user's are free to use a different function.  For example, I use ivy
[1] which will usually present the candidates in order though you can
define different sortings, too, e.g., with C-h v/f you get alphabetical
sorting, with M-x you can have sorting by frequency, etc.

Bye,
Tassilo