Re: [AUCTeX] LaTeX-fill-break-at-separators (11.88.9)

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] LaTeX-fill-break-at-separators (11.88.9)
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 15:43:49 +0100

Hi Marcin,

> I have to finally analyse your patch to the bug we talked about (sorry
> for my terrible delay!),

Don't worry, take your time ;-)

> but let me chime in again here, since I've
> studied large parts of texmathp recently.

Good :-)

> The only place `texmathp-search-n-paragraphs' is used is this (and
> apparently it's also buggy!!!):
>
> (re-search-backward "[\n\t][ \t]*[\n\r]" nil 1 texmathp-search-n-paragraphs)
>
> I'm pretty sure it should say \r instead of \t (the first occurrence).

Yes, makes much sense, just installed the change.  Thank you!

> (And it still does not solve the dtx problem, I guess.)

As I supposed, this doesn't take into account comments, so for example

% Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do
% eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.
%
% Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris
% nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.
%
% Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum
% dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur.

is seen as a single paragraph.  Probably something like

would be better, but this hard-codes "%" as comment sign, and I don't
know if fixes the concrete problem encountered by Jean-François.

Bye,
Mosè