Re: [AUCTeX] LaTeX-fill-break-at-separators (11.88.9)

From: jfbu
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] LaTeX-fill-break-at-separators (11.88.9)
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 16:36:14 +0100

Le 30/11/2015 15:43, Mosè Giordano a écrit :
is seen as a single paragraph.  Probably something like

     "[\n\t][ \t]*%*[ \t]*[\n\r]"

would be better, but this hard-codes "%" as comment sign, and I don't
know if fixes the concrete problem encountered by Jean-François.

Hi Mosè and Marcin

Yes this pattern does fix my original problem.

With the default value of LaTeX-fill-break-at-separators
and the default setting of texmathp-search-n-paragraphs
at 2, calling M-q on a paragraph in a dtx commented part
with an even number of dollar signs in the concerned
paragraphs (the current one and the previous 2)

there is now no mis-interpretation
of a second $ as an opening math shift.

In my use case for this specific dtx, I should nevertheless
set the texmathp-search-n-paragraphs to 0
(because as my TeX code has no empty lines at all, the
only Ersatz for empty lines are lines with only an %,
such lines do occur but not frequently in my comments,
as the comments often are a single paragraph in the typesetting
sense)
or rather
LaTeX-fill-break-at-separators to nil, as this is a part
of the file where standard LaTeX syntax is somewhat tortured.

(all my comments are in fact typeset in a special kind of
verbatim mode which allows line-wraps and uses the $ as
an escape if I exceptionally need some macro, here it was
to typeset a %, as the % is an "ignored" character in these
locations, hence I needed \char37)

Best,

Jean-François